UnitingWorld is the vibrant and globally focused overseas Partnerships agency of the Uniting Church in Australia. It includes a Church Connections Unit and a Relief and Development Unit (accredited by DFAT). Both units connect people and church communities in Australia, the Pacific, Asia and Africa. Our mission is to support our partner churches in their life and witness and to stand in solidarity as they fight poverty and injustice. Our staff have strong people skills and a passion for global mission and relief and development, whilst also embracing a focused approach to day to day tasks.
DATA ANALYST and FUNDRAISING ACCOUNTANT
UnitingWorld is the partnerships agency of the Uniting Church in Australia. Our goal is to ‘connect communities for life’: energising Australians for justice, advocacy and resourcing of our international partner Churches as they overcome local challenges of poverty, train Christian leaders and build peace. The relationships we nurture help educate children, inspire faith, create equality for women and girls, drive innovation on climate change in the Pacific, roll out sanitation and water projects in Africa and lead young Australians to understand good development practice.
ABOUT THE ROLE
UnitingWorld is seeking a candidate with accounting and data analysis experience that will contribute to the fundraising objectives of the engagement team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the transactional processing and management of donations, maintenance of donation records in the CRM, analysis of fundraising campaigns, monthly reconciliations, and preparing reports for management. The successful applicant will have solid accounting and analytical skills.
This is a full time position reporting to the Associate Director, Australian Church Partnerships.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field
- Accounting experience in regard to donation processing, receipting, banking and reconciliation
- High level of experience in database administration, preferably in Salesforce
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and investigative skills
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for own work
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to pre-employment checks which include a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check. Remuneration is commensurate with the Clerical Level 5 Award.
Please download the position description here.
Applications for this position close 5 pm Friday 3rd March 2017. Please send CV with cover letter to the Executive Assistant at EA@unitingworld.org.au.
UnitingWorld happily accepts volunteers interested in assisting with administrative duties and special projects in our Sydney CBD office throughout the year. We are always looking for people interested in assisting in a variety of ways when we host overseas guests from our Church Partners. If you can give 30 minutes a week, a few hours a week, a day a month or just help on a special project, we’d love to hear from you. No experience is required for most tasks and we often need assistance with the following items:
- help with hosting an overseas guest (provide accommodation, act as a tour guide, meet for a meal, etc.)
- help with transportation needs during an overseas guest visit
- assisting our Donor Liaison Officer
- data entry
- preparing materials for overseas workshops
- assisting with the various projects around the December holiday season
- ongoing work with our archives
- assisting our communications team to prepare resources for speaking engagements and mail-outs
To view current volunteer roles, click here.
Please contact UnitingWorld on 02 8267 4267 or email us at email@example.com to express your interest.